Black Mold Remediation in Lenexa, KS
Paul Davis technicians are practiced in professionally repairing water damage and examining for black mold growth. When water damage affects your home or business, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We reply instantly, no matter what time it is, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the knowledge to carefully and expertly handle water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s one-stop service includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Advanced equipment and technology locates the source and isolates the spot, halting its growth.
What is Black Mold?
Every homeowner dreads black mold. This type of mold is a noxious fungus that creeps in unseen, and then engrosses the area around it. Fungus is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the environment it needs to settle down and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie inactive almost indefinitely, until they find dark, damp areas to set up shop. The toxins in black mold can be poisonous to humans and animals. It is part of a group of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go ignored for weeks, and then appear virtually overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your property, it immediately grows and releases toxins that make life difficult for occcupants:
- Mold emanates a pungent, mildewed odor that prevents rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate long-lasting inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be subject to mold invasions even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the atmosphere where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any remaining moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight areas of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these areas.
What We Do
- We examine the area and evaluate visible and hidden damage triggered by water and mold, and what action should be taken to prevent further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t disperse to larger areas.
- We use sophisticated air filtration techniques to eradicate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any materials that have been infected with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial materials to kill what’s left.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes erasing that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the area to its pre-damaged state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no process can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unfavorable to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of Lenexa right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been compromised, our fast, comprehensive, expertly trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to get things back to normal.